Re: [xsl] xsl transormation from flat tree to hierarchical tree

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl transormation from flat tree to hierarchical tree
From: Mukul Gandhi <gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 16:00:47 +0530
Hi Andreas,
    May I propose a solution, which may be a start.

I guess, your area of interest for transformation is following XML
fragment (which is the only place, where I can see the "parent"
attribute),

<states>
    <state name="root" type="CompoundState"/>
    <state name="a" type="SimpleState" parent="root"/>
    <state name="choose" type="DecisionState" parent="root"/>
    <state name="b" type="SimpleState" parent="root"/>
    <state name="c" type="SimpleState" parent="root"/>
</states>

So here's my proposal for this transformation,

<!-- starting point -->
<xsl:call-template name="printStateTree">
     <xsl:with-param name="curState" select="state[not(@parent)]"/>
</xsl:call-template>

<xsl:template name="printStateTree">
     <xsl:param name="curState"/>

     <xsl:element name="{$curState/@name}"/>
          <xsl:for-each select="//state[@parent = $curState/@name]">
              <xsl:call-template name="printStateTree">
                  <xsl:with-param name="curState" select="."/>
              </xsl:call-template>
         </xsl:for-each>
     </xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

This is not tested. The output format of this XSLT fragment is
unrelated to your actual output (and it is not optimized -- since it
has the expression //state, and output probably not normalized to be a
good tree format). This XSLT fragment only intends to demonstrate the
technique that I had in mind.

Just some food for thought :)

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 1:44 PM, Andreas Volz <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Sat, 3 Mar 2012 11:21:09 +0100 schrieb Andreas Volz:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've a list with a flat tree that has a parent attribute to save
>> child/father relations.
>>
>> http://stateval.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/stateval/test/features/ft2.smxml
>>
>> I just like to transform this state machine graph in DotML format to
>> display it as SVG:
>>
>> http://martin-loetzsch.de/DOTML/record.html
>>
>> I've yet a somehow working version:

http://stateval.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/stateval/doc/graph_gen/stateval_dotm