Re: [xsl] Stylesheet analysis/documentation

Subject: Re: [xsl] Stylesheet analysis/documentation
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 08:18:17 +0000
On 17 March 2012 07:39, davep <davep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone written a stylesheet which takes in a set of stylsheets and
> produces an analysis to aid understanding?
>  I'm not talking about analysing a transform which takes a few
tens/hundreds
> of lines, I'm thinking of something like docbook or Dita,
> which are quite significant?
> E.g.
> Lists where the attribute-sets are defined.
> Where variables are defined/used.
> Where named templates are
> etc etc
>
> Seems unlikely I'm the only one to have to plough through
> thousands of lines of code, trying to remember which file
> I saw X in.

Ken's "XSLStyle" might be something like you're after.  Here's a post
from Florent about it:
http://fgeorges.blogspot.co.uk/2009/02/xslstyle-and-oxygen.html
Looking at the first commentor, you might already be aware of that :)

I know what you mean though, I find stepping through the code
repeatedly in the debugger to become familiar with it helps, as does
'find in files'.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com