Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Forcing blocks with images to start from the next page instead of clipping the image?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Forcing blocks with images to start from the next page instead of clipping the image?
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 10:29:12 -0400
At 2012-05-23 17:26 +0300, Joel Peltonen wrote:
Greetings!

I'm converting an XSL-FO file into pdf with Altsoft Xml2PDF 1.2.2.

When I have images that start near the end of a page they are clipped so that
the portion that does not fit on a page is not visible.

That sounds like a bug to me. I would have expected a page-break to accommodate the image.

I can get the images to
start correctly from the next page if I remove the block entirely, but then I'm
missing some attributes.

With markup like this the image gets clipped:
<fo:block text-align="right" span="all" margin-bottom="3pt">
    <fo:external-graphic content-height="scale-to-fit"
                content-width="100mm" src="url(C:/someimage.jpg)" />
</fo:block>

Simply <fo:external-graphic ... />  without the block works and the image
starts from the next page, but I'm afraid I will lose my alignment, span and
margin! Any advice?

Have you tried adding a keep constraint to the block?

keep-together.within-column="always"

I hope this helps.

-- Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012 Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal