Re: [xsl] Diagram of XPath axes

Subject: Re: [xsl] Diagram of XPath axes
From: <mlcook@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 08:58:39 -0400
Ken Holman's diagram is the one I had seen before that summarized lots of info
concisely.  I'm sure I've seen it on xsl-list or somewhere else, but don't
remember where.

Otherwise, Ihe Onwuka's suggestion does have tutorial information, but I
didn't see an overall diagram.

Scott Trenda pointed to a site with diagrams for individual axis access which
looks helpful.

Syd Bauman also points to tutorial diagrams for individual axes with examples,
and one final summarizing diagram.

One additional question, please:

Preceding nodes do not include ancestors, which I've thought is odd.  It
includes siblings, but not parent or grand-parent, etc.

When looking at an XML file in an editor, ancestors surely seem to be
preceding where I am in the document.

But perhaps "preceding" means nodes before "me" but not including anything
that contains "me".

Is that a useful way to look at "preceding"?

Thanks again, Mike

This email and any attachments are only for use by the intended recipient(s)
and may contain legally privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise
private information.  Any unauthorized use, reproduction, dissemination,
distribution or other disclosure of the contents of this e-mail or its
attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.