RE: [xsl] Process following siblings that have no text into children.

Subject: RE: [xsl] Process following siblings that have no text into children.
From: "Kerry, Richard" <richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 13:26:23 +0000
I've not yet tried this group-based approach, or the Tree Walking approach
from Dave's FAQ....

Before I start looking at those approaches, and before I'd received these
replies from you, I'd been trying to do the task by manipulating the axis to
be used for applying the next template.

I have something like :

<xsl:variable name="axis"
select="following-sibling::element()[preceding-sibling::element()[column[1] =
'']]" />
<xsl:apply-templates select="$axis" mode="col-1" />

What I mean by this is :
following-sibling::element() - all subsequent "row" elements in the document.
[preceding-sibling::element()[column[1] = '']]" - but only those which have no
column[1] text in elements preceding them.

I've tried this using element(), node() and *, and = and !=, but I don't get
the restricted axis I want.

Should I expect this approach to work ?
If so, can anyone advise what I might need to change.
If not, why not ?

Regards,
Richard.

PS, XSTL-2, via Saxon 9 HE.

PPS. Is something wrong with this mailing list ? I sent this message this
morning and it doesn't seem to have appeared. Apologies if anyone gets it
twice.

Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer
T: +44 (0)20 82259063
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ
richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx
uk.atos.net

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely
for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity
cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be
triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain
a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting
from any virus transmitted.