Re: [xsl] Need to render input document as string form of XML in output

Subject: Re: [xsl] Need to render input document as string form of XML in output
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 13:11:27 -0400
Chris,

On 9/11/2012 12:24 PM, Chris Wolf wrote:
That looks pretty good, unfortunately, the company I work for is very
picky about licenses and they only accept certain Open Source
licenses.  At least Hermann's code has no such copyright on it
(Hermann, please correct me if I'm wrong), so I can just assert
"I found it on the Internet", but maybe the lawyers won't even go for
that, but in any case, they would probably have an issue with the
copyright-without-license even though re-distribution is granted.   I
will need to check with them in either case...

Understood. The good news is none of the techniques are particularly innovative (however well executed), so in the worst case you could simply lift and adapt.

On the other hand, you may also find that a general solution is rather tricky -- mainly because one's ideas of what makes a good serialization (including such questions as how whitespace is rendered and/or inserted) may be somewhat demanding. For example, do you have to take care with quote marks appearing in attribute values?

Cheers,
Wendell