[xsl] Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO continued header on column

Subject: [xsl] Subject: Re: [xsl] XSL-FO continued header on column
From: "Kevin Brown" <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 22:36:05 -0700
> No.  You have to use a table and <retrieve-table-marker> in its header,
but you can use a single celled table with a single-celled header.
> Not without a table and using XSL-FO 1.1.

Ken is almost exactly (99.95%) right.

I would ask a bigger question ...what is the problem with using a table? A
"table" does not have to "look" like a table. If you insist that the
construct is not a table for some reason (like tagged PDF, Section 508
compliance in which we just today had this very same question posed to us
where they did not want a table -- although it *is* a table), then it could
possibly be down through some extensions to XSL FO or modification of the
formatting tree using RenderX software (if that is what you are using).

Kevin Brown
RenderX