Re: [xsl] Using barcode markup in Saxon/Oxygen

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using barcode markup in Saxon/Oxygen
From: Marc <Marc.Liste@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:28:24 +0200
I don't know exactly if this answer the question, but there is some barcodes fonts
Marc

Le dimanche 16 septembre 2012 22:13:31, G. Ken Holman a C)crit :
At 2012-09-16 21:57 +0200, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
How can I get barcode markup like below working in an XSLT stylesheet
outputting XSL-FO/pdf, using Saxon XSLT 2.0 processor and FOP from
inside Oxygen XML Editor?

I can't comment on whether or not FOP supports barcodes, but I can address the XSLT parts of your question.

I guess I need to declare some Saxon namespace on the stylesheet root
element, instead of the one below or what?

I can't think of why you would need any other namespace in your document.

And maybe I need to install something first?

Not for XSLT, but likely yes for the XSL-FO processor.

<fo:instream-foreign-object>
 <barcode:barcode xmlns:barcode="http://barcode4j.krysalis.org/ns";
msg="{$taskcard}">

et cetera...

 </barcode:barcode>
</fo:instream-foreign-object>

That instance you show satisfies XSL-FO's constraints on <instream-foreign-object> containing only a single child that is not in the XSL-FO namespace. You can produce that with any XSLT processor.

So, if that apex element in that namespace is what your XSL-FO add-on
requires, then I can think of nothing else to add from an XSLT
perspective.  The descendants will all be in the required namespace.

Now if you plan to use other template rules, and they produce
descendent barcode elements, then you would be better to place the
namespace declaration at the document element of your stylesheet in
order to have influence over all of your template rules.

I hope this helps.

-- Public XSLT, XSL-FO, UBL and code list classes in Europe -- Oct 2012 Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal