Re: [xsl] Using barcode markup in Saxon/Oxygen

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using barcode markup in Saxon/Oxygen
From: Jesper Tverskov <jesper.tverskov@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:38:35 +0200
Thanks for the help so far.

As I understand it, from reading the information here,
http://barcode4j.sourceforge.net/2.1/saxon-ext.html, there is a
barcode extension for Saxon, "barcode4j.jar", and similar for FOP.

I want to use Saxon to create the XSL-FO output and then FOP to create
the pdf. It is not clear to me if I should use the Saxon extension or
the FOP extension. I want to transform to XSL-FO and convert to PDF in
one go from inside the Oxygen XML Editor. When I know how to do that,
I will probably also be able to do it in other XML Editors and from
the command line.

I have no problems with the transformation and the conversion to pdf,
except that the barcode is not there.

Since creating barcodes on the fly, must be very common, I had hoped
that these extensions were already in place in XML Editors like
Oxygen, XMLSPy, etc., and maybe they are, I just need some help to get
it working.

Cheers,
Jesper Tverskov
http://www.xmlplease.com