Re: [xsl] position last and attributes

Subject: Re: [xsl] position last and attributes
From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 14:14:11 +0200
On 20/09/2012, Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <A 1st="1" second="2" third="3" fourth="4" fifth="5"/>
>
> now tell me what are the first and last attributes of  A.

It could be the first you wrote, or the first from left, or the first in
the reverse collating sequence of their name. Who cares without
an additional definition of which order to apply?

Your question is just as meaningless as the question what is the first and
last element in the *set* of all integers between 1 and 5.

This does not make it impossible or meaningless to say "the first integer
i remove from the set is 3".

If you care about order, don't use sets. If you have sets, don't apply
ordering concepts to their static abstract view.

-W