Re: [xsl] Processing XML files with entity and notation declarations

Subject: Re: [xsl] Processing XML files with entity and notation declarations
From: Dan Vint <dvint@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 22:30:03 -0700
I'll have to look at these. I had been using a sort of reverse lookup to find the entity declarations with the unparsed-entity-uri(). The saxon:doctype extensions look interesting, but the seem to be more oriented towards build something you know rather than processing the existing doctype information. These may make some of my current code a little easier, in particular the dtd:entity.

What I would really like to have is something like:

<xsl:template match="DOCTYPE">
<xsl:copy-of/>
</xsl:template>

My current approach only works because I have a limited set of things in the internal declaration. For instance, I have to guess the notation type of the graphic by parsing the filename reference and looking at the extension to then make my own declaration for the notation. I can only get to entity declarations that are used in the content. So if the writer had created references to some extra graphics (with the intention of using them) I would not be able to recreate those items. Again in my situation, these files are released, rather than in work, so I know if a graphic isn't referenced that it is not needed.