Re: [xsl][xslt v1.0] How to parse the string as node-set?

Subject: Re: [xsl][xslt v1.0] How to parse the string as node-set?
From: Liam R E Quin <liam@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 16:26:31 -0400
On Fri, 2012-09-28 at 16:19 -0400, Mak Praveen wrote:

> I am trying to read an XML present inside an XML tag.

What you have in your example is a string that happens to be a quoted
XML document.

XSLT 3 and XPath 3 (and XQuery 3) will include a function to help you.
Otherwise, either you have to use a vendor-specific extension, or
extract the string as a string and then run XSLT or XPath on it
separately.

Another possibility is to use an XML parser written in XSLT; I think in
fact there is at least one of those floating around.

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition of "Beginning XML", Wrox, July 2012