Re: [xsl][xslt v1.0] How to parse the string as node-set?

Subject: Re: [xsl][xslt v1.0] How to parse the string as node-set?
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 09:51:43 -0400
At 2012-09-29 09:31 -0400, Mak Praveen wrote:
I appreciate the help. Can someone please direct me to an example
solving this problem?

I don't think you'll get a better answer than Liam's.

Since you say you are obliged to use XSLT 1.0, it cannot be done in a single step without using vendor extensions ... which is just what Liam said. It is, however, straightforward to use XSLT 1.0 in two transformations: the first to extract the XML and the second to act on the extracted content as a fresh input file (not a tree).

If the XSLT 1.0 processor you are using is Saxon 6.5.5, then you could look into using something like the extension saxon:next-in-chain= in order to invoke a second transformation when the first is complete. But I've never used that myself so I'm not sure what would happen to the escaped text produced by the first transformation, if it would be treated as a text node or be parsed as an input tree.

I think you'll have to do the legwork.

I hope this helps provide a direction.

-- Contact us for world-wide XML consulting and instructor-led training Free 5-hour lecture: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/links/udemy.htm Crane Softwrights Ltd. http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/ G. Ken Holman mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Google+ profile: https://plus.google.com/116832879756988317389/about Legal business disclaimers: http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/legal