Re: [xsl] Schema issue - enumerations - off topic apology

Subject: Re: [xsl] Schema issue - enumerations - off topic apology
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 18:00:45 +0100
On Sat, Oct 6, 2012 at 5:31 PM, Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The instance has the following
>>
>>     <propertyDetails>
>>          <status>Available</status>
>>          <propertyType>Industrial</propertyType>
>>          <propertySubType>General Industrial</propertySubType>
>>     </propertyDetails>
>>
>> My schema validation fails with this message
>>
>> cvc-enumeration (I-valid: Value 'General' is not facet-valid with respect
>> to enumeration '[Cold Store, Data Centre, Design and Build,
>> Distribution Warehouse, General Industrial, High Bay Warehouse, etc
>> .....]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.
>>
>> It has failed to recognise that General Industrial is a valid value
>> and instead failed the validation on the word General.
>>
>> It looks like some sort of problem with enumerations that contain whitespace.
>
> Are you sure you don't have a
> <propertySubType>General</propertySubType> elsewhere in your xml?
>
> If not, post a small complete runnable example demonstrating the problem.

I have seen the problem. It something I worried about at the time and
sure enough it has come back to bite me.

PropertySubType is actually defined like this

<xsd:element name="propertySubType" type="PropertySubTypeList" />
<xsd:simpleType name="PropertySubTypeList">
       <xsd:list itemType="PropertySubType"/>
 </xsd:simpleType>

So it looks like you can't use lists on enumeration facets that
contain whitespace because it will validate each token.