Re: [xsl] Text value templates in XSLT 3?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Text value templates in XSLT 3?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 16:49:13 +0000
The suggestion is still on the WG agenda - no decision has been made.

When we last discussed it, I think there were two unsolved problems: (a) how to handle backwards compatibility, and (b) whether the curly braces in text nodes should mean "value-of" or "copy-of" -- where I think most people would tend to prefer value-of if it weren't for the argument based on consistency with XQuery.

The backwards compatibility issue overlaps with a usability issue of how to handle content that is already rich in curly braces, like CSS or Javascript.

Michael Kay
Saxonica