[xsl] Printing a page header based on page content: Marker retrieval issue.

Subject: [xsl] Printing a page header based on page content: Marker retrieval issue.
From: Brenda Bennett <brenda.bennett@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 13:27:29 +0000
In a project I am currently working on, I have a series of work cards. The
work cards are made up of a series of page sequences. Each page sequence is
expected to be exactly 2 sheets (front and back) and this is enforced by the
author.

The print requirements state that the page header shall change appearance
based on the presence or absence of a graphic on the second page of the
sequence. The graphic shall always appear alone on the page (full page
graphic). At this time, I'm using a marker, retrieved in the page header, at
the time the page sequence is triggered, to print the "usual" page header.

If a graphic appears in the content, I break to the second page, create a new
marker to print the "graphic" page header and retrieve that marker at the same
location in the header. The header contains the correct work card information.
The page sequence then ends. This renders as expected.

If the content ends on page 1 and page 2 is blank, the blank page header
renders as expected, with the correct work card information.

The problem I'm having is that when the sequence continues onto a second page
without a graphic, and the text must flow on to the second page. When this
happens, the marker retrieved on page 2 of the 2-page sequence is retrieved
from what appears to be earlier page sequences in the book, with the wrong
work card static information.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any tips on how to  correct this
anomaly?

Brenda J. Bennett
Information Architect II

O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC.
495 Byers Rd.
Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662
Office: (937) 865-0846 ext. 3533
E-mail: brenda.bennett@xxxxxxxxx

REVOLUTIONIZING DOCUMENTATION >>> POWERING PRODUCT SUPPORT

Confidentiality Notice
The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for use
only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil &
Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of
this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited.