Re: [xsl] Printing a page header based on page content: Marker retrieval issue.

Subject: Re: [xsl] Printing a page header based on page content: Marker retrieval issue.
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 13:41:22 -0500
Dear Brenda,

If you haven't already scrutinized the XML representation of the
transformation results (i.e., the FO code given to the formatter for
rendering) you should take a look. This is the sort of problem that
can often be seen only there.

But it's good that you have a workaround.

Cheers,
Wendell

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Brenda Bennett
<brenda.bennett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for the response Wendell.
>
> I did reset the marker at the beginning of each new page sequence with the
correct information, and it displayed correctly on the first page of each
sequence. The problem occurred on following pages of the sequence, where the
marker reverted to previous values that were set earlier in the sequence -
something that I'm still trying to understand why it happened.

> I developed a work-around for this problem by creating a variable for each
sequence and uniquely naming the marker and all calls to it for each page
sequence using this variable, which yielded the results that we needed for our
project.

> Brenda J. Bennett
> Information Architect II
>
> O'NEIL & ASSOCIATES, INC.
> 495 Byers Rd.
> Miamisburg, Ohio 45342-3662
> Office: (937) 865-0846 ext. 3533
> E-mail: brenda.bennett@xxxxxxxxx
>
> REVOLUTIONIZING DOCUMENTATION >>> POWERING PRODUCT SUPPORT

> Confidentiality Notice
> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and intended for
use only by the person(s) or organization listed in the address. If you have
received this communication in error, please contact the sender at O'Neil &
Associates, Inc., immediately. Any copying, dissemination, or distribution of
this communication, other than by the intended recipient, is strictly
prohibited.

XML | XSLT | electronic publishing
Eat Your Vegetables