[xsl] Are there any free, fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processors?

Subject: [xsl] Are there any free, fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processors?
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 20:58:56 +0000
Hi Folks,

I only know of one fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processor -- SAXON.

And it's not free.

Are there any free, fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processors?

I believe that it is important there be at least one free, fully-compliant
XSLT/XPath 3.0 processor.

Here's why: The people I work with think along these lines:

     XSLT and XPath are nice but not
     essential. If I have to pay for an
     XSLT/XPath processor, then I certainly
     will not use XSLT or XPath. Why
     should I? I can use Java and it's free.

You may not agree with their logic and it may be faulty, but that's the way
many people think.

So, if there is no free, fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processor, I doubt
that XSLT/XPath 3.0 will get any uptake by the people I work with.

Comments?

/Roger