Re: [xsl] Are there any free, fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processors?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Are there any free, fully-compliant XSLT/XPath 3.0 processors?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 09:03:36 +0000
I'm attempting to get some numbers Liam?

I don't know of any survey that includes those who didn't vote?

Any half-respectable piece of market research will try very hard to avoid the bias you get when you use a self-selected sample of voters.

Frankly, the data you will get by putting a questionnaire on the web and announcing it to people who follow XML-related mailing lists is worse than useless. Reaching the kind of people who wrote a couple of stylesheets a year or two ago, run them once a month and upgrade them once a year is virtually impossible, and those people are probably the large majority of our users.

Saxon for 12 years or so has been getting 300 (B1) downloads a day, and we have never had the faintest idea who is doing the downloading or what they use the software for once they get it (if anything). Nor do we know how many people acquire it by routes other than a SourceForge download (e.g., packaged with other software). We can all speculate, but we will never get more than 1% of these users to tell us, and the data from those 1% tells us nothing about the other 99%.

Michael Kay

Current Thread