RE: [xsl] RE: Saxon via Ant - Getting started

Subject: RE: [xsl] RE: Saxon via Ant - Getting started
From: "Kerry, Richard" <richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:22:06 +0000
That's exactly what I thought.  The underlying question was "how do I get
these done via the resolver ?".

Sorry, that got sent before I saw your reply.

I've just tried changing to Saxon 9.
Running from the command line gives trivial looking differences from the Saxon
6 version :
1.  fo:bookmark/@internal-deatination values are different.  I assume that's
because of some internal difference in how they are generated - perhaps based
on the time of running.  (also fo:block/@id,
fox:destination/@internal-destination and some others)
2.  Saxon 9 generates some empty blocks, ie <fo:block/>, where Saxon 6 does
nothing.

I'm assuming that these are all trivial so will ignore them unless you want to
know more.

Trying putting those values into an ant <java> task seems to get into Saxon
ok.
The previous issue with "-x org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader"
is because Saxon 9 needs a colon to separate, not a space, ie
"-x:org.apache.xml.resolver.tools.ResolvingXMLReader".

I now get a "Malformed URL" error.  I suspect that is because I'm using a
mixture of "/" and "\" characters.  I believe Java natively wants "/" at all
times (and that that is required by the URL/URI spec) so I'll change
everything to "/" and see how it goes.

Ok - done that.  Most of the messages make sense.
I'm still getting a malformed URL - I think it's because it contains a "..".
Which is probably because the batch file I use to call ant lives in a folder
one level down from the docboook source, so there is a ".." used to get at
it.
Note that this works calling Saxon 9 from the command-line rather than ant.

Appreciatively,
Richard.

Richard Kerry
BNCS Engineer
T: +44 (0)20 82259063
M: +44 (0)7812 325518
Room EBX 301, BBC Television Centre, Wood Lane, London, W12 7RJ
richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx
uk.atos.net

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely
for the addressee; it may also be privileged. If you receive this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately and destroy it. As its integrity
cannot be secured on the Internet, the Atos group liability cannot be
triggered for the message content. Although the sender endeavours to maintain
a computer virus-free network, the sender does not warrant that this
transmission is virus-free and will not be liable for any damages resulting
from any virus transmitted.