Re: [xsl] RE: Saxon via Ant - Getting started

Subject: Re: [xsl] RE: Saxon via Ant - Getting started
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 11:40:55 +0000
On 04/02/2013 11:15, Kerry, Richard wrote:
I'll give it a try next time I'm working on docbook, which is unlikely to be for a few days.

Yes, I thought it was a bit odd that some DB stylesheets specifically need an old Saxon to work.  Perhaps the current work on 1.78.1 stylesheets could look at this.
(There is a comment at the top which says "Only Saxon 6.4.2 or later is supported" - if this issue is not fixed the comment should be amended to make it clearer that only Saxon 6.4.2 to 6.5.5 are supported, and not later !)

What would a straight change to result-document need doing with regard to the use of the test for element-available('saxon:output') ?  (presumably anything doing that could just be deleted)
And the saxon:character-representation parameter of saxon:output - how would that need changing, as it doesn't appear to map to a result-document parameter/attribute (as do all the other params) ?

I think you can just add a check for element-available('xsl:result-document') alongside the other checks. - though in the template that's resolving URIs, a check on function-available('resolve-uri') would seem more appropriate.

There's no need to check whether saxon:character-representation is supported - as an extension attribute, it will be ignored if it isn't supported (assuming the processing implements the spec correctly, which is not guaranteed!)

Michael Kay
Saxonica