Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.1 available as open source

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.1 available as open source
From: Emmanuel Bégué <medusis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 18:02:51 +0100
Hello,

This is great news, thanks a lot Michael... and Saxonica!

I had made a (very simple) app that converts any rich text to
Markdown, using Saxon CE alpha 0.3; I'm happy to report that it works
without any modification, with Saxon CE 1.1! Here it is:

http://markitdown.medusis.com/

It converts to "basic" Markdown (no tables, no footnotes, etc.) but it
accepts any rich text as source, including text copied from a text
editor. And since there's no back-and-forth with a server, it should
be safe for any kind of data.

(An improvement would be to cut lines in the resulting text at around
~75 chars, instead of producing one line per paragraph, but I'm not
sure how to do this without doing two passes. Any thoughts on this?)

Again, many thanks.

Regards,
EB

PS: Google still references http://saxonica.com/html/ce/download.html,