Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.1 available as open source

Subject: Re: [xsl] [ANN] Saxon-CE 1.1 available as open source
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:28:07 +0000
On 23/02/2013 17:02, Emmanuel BC)guC) wrote:
Hello,

This is great news, thanks a lot Michael... and Saxonica!

I had made a (very simple) app that converts any rich text to
Markdown, using Saxon CE alpha 0.3; I'm happy to report that it works
without any modification, with Saxon CE 1.1! Here it is:

http://markitdown.medusis.com/

Excellent, thanks for reporting it.

PS: Google still references http://saxonica.com/html/ce/download.html,
where only Saxon CE 1.0 is mentioned

Currently the main pages on the Saxonica site are in XML, rendered using XSLT 1.0 in the browser, while the documentation pages are using Saxon-CE and XSLT 2.0. There's an HTML version of the site that exists for devices without XSLT support (increasingly rare) and for spiders such as Google, so Google will tend to point you to the HTML version, which tends to lag behind because it's regenerated as a batch process. With the "hashbang" URIs used in the documentation there is a mechanism to direct Google to crawl the site and index it properly, but we haven't yet activated this; it's on the to-do list.

Michael Kay
Saxonica