Re: [xsl] csv data to xml

Subject: Re: [xsl] csv data to xml
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 14:31:37 +0100
On 25 Jun 2013, at 14:01, Louis-Dominique Dubeau wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-06-25 at 13:46 +0100, henry human wrote:
>> How get this csv data to xml using xslt:
>
> [.. snip ...]
>
> Based on what you say in your post about your problem, I would not use
> XSLT for this. I'd use python, perl, sed, awk or something similar

Why?

I saw a post on StackOverflow yesterday from someone making the same
recommendation; he supplied the Python code, and it output the XML without
bothering to escape special characters. No wonder we see such a lot of bad XML
when people try to process it without using the proper tools.

XSLT is ideally suited for this task.

Michael Kay
Saxonica