Re: [xsl] csv data to xml

Subject: Re: [xsl] csv data to xml
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:39:57 +0100
You appear to have changed the output from the xslt I linked to?  You
should have rows wrapping your elements, once you reinstate them then
how to achieve the 2nd part of your process becomes clearer.

On 27 June 2013 16:28, henry human <henry_human@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi guys
> I was able to convert the data from csv to xml. Now I want to build groups
of the elements such as the sample bellow.
> Each 5 elements should be assigned to a clfPackage element:
>
> This is the CSV as xml:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xmlData>
>  <element>EN</element>
>  <element>01</element>
>  <element>text</element>
>  <element>U</element>
>  <element>2013028074426</element>
>
>  <element>SE</element>
>  <element>06</element>
>  <element>text</element>
>  <element>M</element>
>  <element>2013011234457</element>

> </xmlData>
>
> This is what must be created:
>  <clfPackage>
>   <Country><xsl:value-of select="xmlData/element"/></CountryCode>
//must be the first element
>   <number><xsl:value-of select="xmlData/element"/></ClearingNumber>
//must be the secound element
>   <Description1><xsl:value-of select="xmlData/element"/></Description>
>   <ChangeMode><xsl:value-of select="xmlData/element"/></ChangeMode>
>   <Modification><xsl:value-of select="xmlData/element"/></Modification>
>  </clfPackage>
>
> Best regards
> Henry
>

> ----- Urspr|ngliche Message -----

Saxon 9.1.0  and (call it in Stylus Studio) I got the known
>> error:ontent is not allowed in prolog.
>
> That means you're doing it wrong; you're somehow putting the CSV file
through an XML parser. Probably because you are supplying it as the main input
to the transformation, rather than merely a secondary file to be read with
unparsed-text().

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com