[xsl] [XSLT Streaming] How do I know that my input document was processed in a streaming fashion?

Subject: [xsl] [XSLT Streaming] How do I know that my input document was processed in a streaming fashion?
From: "Costello, Roger L." <costello@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 19:02:57 +0000
Hi Folks,

I want to count the number of Book elements in BookCatalogue.

I want to do it using XSLT Streaming.

Below are two solutions. One uses <xsl:stream>, the other uses <xsl:mode>.

Two Questions Please:

1. Are my two solutions equivalent?

2. I ran my solutions and they produced the correct result. They ran fast, but
the input document is small (only 3 Books). How do I know that the input
document was actually processed in a streaming fashion?

I am running the transformations using the latest version of oXygen XML.

/Roger

-----------------
Specify that stream processing is desired by embedding the
instructions within a <xsl:stream> element:
-----------------
                         exclude-result-prefixes="#all"
                         version="3.0">

    <xsl:output method="xml" />

    <xsl:template match="/">
        <xsl:stream href="BookCatalogue.xml">
            <count>
                <xsl:for-each select="BookCatalogue">
                    <xsl:iterate select="Book">
                        <xsl:param name="count" select="0" as="xs:decimal"/>
                        <xsl:next-iteration>
                            <xsl:with-param name="count" select="$count+1"/>
                        </xsl:next-iteration>
                        <xsl:on-completion>
                            <xsl:value-of select="$count"/>
                        </xsl:on-completion>
                    </xsl:iterate>
                </xsl:for-each>
            </count>
        </xsl:stream>
    </xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

Specify that stream processing is desired by specifying streaming
in the initial mode:
                         exclude-result-prefixes="#all"
                         version="3.0">

    <xsl:output method="xml" />