Re: [xsl] FO profiling

Subject: Re: [xsl] FO profiling
From: "Tony Graham" <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 13:51:51 +0100 (IST)
On Thu, October 3, 2013 11:46 am, Jesper Tverskov wrote:
> I'm wondering what other people do when profiling FOP. It would be
> nice to see a detailed list of hotspots like when using the XSLT
> profiler in Oxygen. I'm not much for doing the detailed time stamping
> of the FO output myself, if products doing it in a more professional
> and user-friendly way exist.
>
> I don't see any switch in the FOP documentation, I can turn on/off,
> but maybe I haven't looked long enough?

I haven't tried it, but you could try setting the FOP logging level to
DEBUG [1][2] and see if the timestamps in the log file tell you anything
sensible.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming
       Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C

[1] https://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowTo/SetupJDK14Logging
[2] https://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics-fop/HowTo/SetupLog4JLogging