Re: [xsl] Any students looking for an interesting project?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Any students looking for an interesting project?
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 14:06:02 +0100
On 3 Oct 2013, at 12:30, Michael Sokolov wrote:

> One of my colleagues has written a code coverage plugin for Saxon; he calls
it "tectura."  It counts up the number of times different lines of an XSLT
file are executed. I think this empirical approach could get you a quick
answer to the problem without the need for deep analysis.  He has been
planning to release the package as open source, but I don't think he has done
that yet -- still I'm sure you could whip something up, and I bet your users
would appreciate it, too.

The -TP option on the transform command line gives you this, but at the
granularity of templates/functions, not individual lines of code. It gives the
timings as well as the counts.

Michael Kay
Saxonica