Re: [xsl] Using Saxon 2.0 with FOP, XEP, Antenna House

Subject: Re: [xsl] Using Saxon 2.0 with FOP, XEP, Antenna House
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 15:03:58 +0100
Certainly in the case of FOP, it's possible to pass the data between Saxon and
FOP at the level of SAX events. I used to package this in the product, but
abandoned it because it wasn't possible to do the integration in a way that
worked across FOP releases.

I suspect that any slowness you experience is more to do with the Java VM
startup cost than with the extra cost of XML parsing and serialization; but
that's conjecture.

Michael Kay
Saxonica