Re: [xsl] Data science, data analytics using XSLT streaming

Subject: Re: [xsl] Data science, data analytics using XSLT streaming
From: Andrew Welch <andrew.j.welch@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 10:26:48 +0000
> XSLT streaming is all about processing large amounts of (XML-formatted) data.
>
> So XSLT streaming should fit in the "data science" and "data analytics" categories.
>
> Broad Question: Would you provide a scenario/example of doing data science/data analytics using XSLT streaming please?

Typically the data is held in multiple files rather than 1 big one, so
you don't necessarily need streaming, just a set of steps that process
directories of xml into various intermediate formats, then into the
final presentation view (such as a table with the data grouped,
sorted, with counts)

I've done this sort of thing a few times now and I always enjoy it.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com