Re: [xsl] Data science, data analytics using XSLT streaming

Subject: Re: [xsl] Data science, data analytics using XSLT streaming
From: Michael Kay <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 17:44:01 +0000
This can be
> compounded by non-technical issues such as data owners not seeing the
> information they actually have because they are blinded by their
> expectations of what it is "supposed" to be.

Sometimes the data owners are better clued-in than the technicians. I
remember a friend who was the IT director of a supermarket chain telling
me (about 20 years ago, when data analytics had a different fashionable
name) about a sales presentation he had just sat through telling him all the
wonderful things he could do with the data from his tills. His remark:
"What I really want to know is what the customer didn't buy because it
wasn't on the shelves. They don't seem to realise that we haven't got
that data."

Michael Kay
Saxonica