Re: [xsl] xsl:package/xsl:expose?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:package/xsl:expose?
From: "Tony Graham" <tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:38:18 -0000 (GMT)
On Tue, November 19, 2013 12:23 pm, David Carlisle wrote:
> On 19/11/2013 12:09, Tony Graham wrote:
>> If I had a working implementation of xsl:package, the first thing I
>> would package is an existing 557-line module [2].  To have to jump
>> between the top and the bottom of the file when packagising it seems
>> like unnecessary work compared to allowing xsl:expose before the
>> stylesheet.
>
> although you need to add /xsl:package to the end anyway, it's not as if
> you can just edit the top, admittedly it would be easier for an editor
> to inject that at the end without actually requiring you to look, but
> still..

That's just a keystroke (Ctrl-E) or a right-click in Oxygen.  (No doubt
there's similar a keystroke in PSGML that's now missing in nxml-mode.)

Even though they don't have to, people tend to put their xsl:include at
the top of the stylesheet, right after any xsl:import, for the sake of
housekeeping.  My contention is that it would make for better housekeeping
if xsl:expose was at the top, too.

Regards,

Tony Graham                                   tgraham@xxxxxxxxxx
Consultant                                 http://www.mentea.net
Mentea       13 Kelly's Bay Beach, Skerries, Co. Dublin, Ireland
    XML, XSL-FO and XSLT consulting, training and programming
       Chair, Print and Page Layout Community Group @ W3C