Re: [xsl] dangling attribute creation (was Re: [xsl] When to use text())

Subject: Re: [xsl] dangling attribute creation (was Re: [xsl] When to use text())
From: Ihe Onwuka <ihe.onwuka@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2014 06:24:28 +0100
On Sun, Apr 27, 2014 at 1:43 AM, David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 26/04/2014 19:26, Ihe Onwuka wrote:
>>
>> A rationale for the disapproving dangling attributes was given. See below.
>

> but as Michael said, that rationale applies much less to a template
matching
> an attribute. As the default behaviour is that you will apply templates to
> attributes before elements.

Supposed to be a link to Sal Mangano's Cookbook. Recipe 8.2 How else
are you supposed to convert elements to attributes?

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=67NUlLjGvtoC&pg=PT294&lpg=PT294&dq=sal+man
gano+xslt+cookbook+elements+to+attributes&source=bl&ots=23V9HCp4xJ&sig=SQkTBE
ZkXVhPqC4NWfNY8NuMhlE&hl=en&sa=X&ei=XJNcU7iOE8e3PM-MgOgO&ved=0CGcQ6AEwBg#v=on
epage&q=sal%20mangano%20xslt%20cookbook%20elements%20to%20attributes&f=false

Regarding risk - I'll repeat what I said at the time.

<quote.
It's a trade-off and when considering which evil you elect for you do
a little risk analysis.

What is the likelihood of events that would lead to an exception
occurring, how calamitous would it be if it did occur, how hard and
costly and time consuming is it to implement and roll out the fix.

Also if you are  am not doing big object oriented software engineering
 you don't have to live by that  bible.</quote>