Re: [xsl] Upgrade from XSLT1

Subject: Re: [xsl] Upgrade from XSLT1
From: "Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 19:02:13 -0000
Kandha,

It's difficult to say much that would be useful without getting up
close, but why can't you upgrade the present XSLT 1.0 pieces to XSLT
2.0 now (for an immediate gain in performance without much, if any,
rewriting), and migrate off the SAX splitters onto XSLT 3.0 when it is
more stable and "real"?

This way you would isolate any issues in migrating (as Liam and
Dimitre both suggest, testing and due diligence may well constitute
the bulk of the effort), and if at a later point there are more gains
to be had from integrating your pipeline further (maybe doing the
file-splitting and transformation together), you will be in a better
position to do that.

Cheers, Wendell

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 2:15 PM, Vasudev Kandhadai
vasu.kandhadai@xxxxxxxxx <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>