Re: [xsl] apply-templates repeats inside xsl:for-each, why

Subject: Re: [xsl] apply-templates repeats inside xsl:for-each, why
From: "Syd Bauman s.bauman@xxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 01:46:19 -0000
Ummm .. maybe I'm missing something, but isn't that exactly the same as

    <xsl:apply-templates select="$root/map/concept/concept[ @id = $platforms/platform/@id ]"/>

?

(I'm too tired right now to explain this well, and many on this list
are much better than I at explaining such things, but basically that
says "select each /map/concept/concept that has an id= that is the
same as the id= of one of the $platforms/platform elements, and apply
templates to it". That is the "/map/concept/concept" grabs all of the
<concept> elements that are children of a <concept> that are in turn
children of the <map>, and the predicate selects only those that meet
the condition. But the '=' comparison operator works on sequences,
and the condition returns true for all 3.)