Re: [xsl] Replacing = with == and ===

Subject: Re: [xsl] Replacing = with == and ===
From: "L2L 2L emanuelallen@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 18:20:58 -0000
I would like to have an database--the stupidest thing I could do with an
experience xml developer and one of the contribute to the XML movement-- of
xQuery and xslt... I might just go watch your video... I don't know... I
really like xqib.... No one didn't even commented on those parts of the
message... Feel as if I'm wasting my time.... I'mma just continue studying.

 Thank you for taking the time to reply.

E-S4L

> On Aug 4, 2014, at 2:00 PM, "G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx"
>
> At 2014-08-04 17:28 +0000, L2L 2L emanuelallen@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I look up your name for corresponding books I could read. I found one, but
it was written in 2001

> A paper-based book publisher published a snapshot of my XSLT book in 2001
under the title "Definitive XSLT and XPath" and a snapshot of my XSL-FO book
under the title "Definitive XSL-FO" ... I retained the electronic publishing
rights to both books and I continue to publish updates (and all updates are
available at no charge to purchasers of the electronic copies).  Details and
free preview copies (on a "try and buy" basis) are available at:

>  http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/#pdfbooks
>
> Because the publisher published only a snapshot, the paper book describes
only XSLT 1.0, while the electronic book currently describes both XSLT 1.0 and
XSLT 2.0.  Eventually the electronic book will describe XSLT 3.0 and that
revision will be available at no charge to book purchasers that have kept
their email address with me up-to-date.

>> Why does it seem xslt is favorite over xQuery?
>
> For me, the answer is that XSLT is declarative and it allows me to leverage
an existing XSLT stylesheet at a later time by overriding template rules using
importation, even if the base stylesheet is read-only.  XQuery is imperative
and the importation mechanism is limited and the lack of template matching
prevents me from tweaking behaviours while leaving the original code
untouched.

> I would say more about how the push and pull of XSLT works, but I've already
said it in the video and made that portion of the video available for free.