Re: [xsl] Which XPath evaluates faster: count(../A) eq 1 or not( following-sibling::A)

Subject: Re: [xsl] Which XPath evaluates faster: count(../A) eq 1 or not( following-sibling::A)
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2014 14:56:37 -0000
It depends entirely on the XPath processor you are using.

For Saxon, I wouldn't expect to see a measurable difference. Unless there
happen to be 100,000 B elements before the A on which you are positioned, in
which case count(../A) might take rather longer.

Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
+44 (0) 118 946 5893