Re: [xsl] Here's how to benchmark your XSLT program's execution time

Subject: Re: [xsl] Here's how to benchmark your XSLT program's execution time
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 13:55:07 -0000
In my case, the process is being run through the DITA Open Toolkit, which
makes it hard (or at least inconvenient) to run the transform under a
profiler or from within Oxygen. So easier to just emit timing messages.

At least for the processing I'm doing, the timing messages seem to
accurately reflect the specific processing I'm focusing on (the time taken
by one apply-templates applied to a single input file. Also, I'm only
interested in relative values, not absolute, so it's enough to know that
file X takes 8 units of time where the others take 0.5 units.

So for my purposes this use of Java Date is a quick and easy way to do
some crude profiling in the context of a larger tool chain.

Cheers,

E.
bbbbb
Eliot Kimber, Owner