[xsl] For CSV output file - should end of record marker be line feed or a carriage return from xsl

Subject: [xsl] For CSV output file - should end of record marker be line feed or a carriage return from xsl
From: "Catherine Wilbur cwilbur@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 17:39:23 -0000
1) Currently I am using a line feed in my code at the end.  Should it be a
line feed or carriage return?  Reason I am asking is because when I open
my CSV file in NotePad or WordPad the data wraps.  But with Notes++ or
Excel the data does not wrap.  Currently using a line feed at end of my
data.  Assuming it should be a carriage return.  Guessing that the data is
wrapping when I open the CSV file because it does not recognize the
carriage return or line feed but Notes++ does recognize these characters.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7965642/explicitly-specify-linefeed-character-and-not-carriage-return

Should I be using a line feed in my code.  (this is what I am using now)

<xsl:text>&#xA;</xsl:text>

Or should I be using a carriage return in my code.

<xsl:text>&#xD;</xsl:text>

Catherine Wilbur  |  Senior Application Programmer  |  IT Services
401 Sunset Avenue, Windsor ON Canada  N9B 3P4
(T) 519.253.3000 Ext. 2745  |  (F) 519.973.7083  |  (E)
cwilbur@xxxxxxxxxxx
www.uwindsor.ca/its