Re: [xsl] What PC Windows editor are People using for XSL stylesheet coding

Subject: Re: [xsl] What PC Windows editor are People using for XSL stylesheet coding
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 18:45:05 -0000
> I don't know the half of the capabilities of the tool, I am sure there are
good reasons why it is the gold standard and in fact this observation is not
about oxygen specifically. But what I am saying is that without  debugging
facilities these stylesheet monstrosities could never be created and (one
would like to think) their creators may weel be be forced into better software
engineering practices.

On the contrary, I frequently work with stylesheet monstrosities created
without any help from such tools.

At least if you have the tools you have some hope of developing a sufficient
understanding of the monstrosity to attempt a refactoring, and the tools will
also help with the refactoring.

Michael Kay
Saxonica