Re: [xsl] What PC Windows editor are People using for XSL stylesheet coding

Subject: Re: [xsl] What PC Windows editor are People using for XSL stylesheet coding
From: "Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 19:37:26 -0000
On Fri, Nov 07, 2014 at 06:45:13PM -0000, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
scripsit:
> > I don't know the half of the capabilities of the tool, I am sure
> > there are good reasons why it is the gold standard and in fact this
> > observation is not about oxygen specifically. But what I am saying
> > is that without  debugging facilities these stylesheet monstrosities
> > could never be created and (one would like to think) their creators
> > may weel be be forced into better software engineering practices.
>
> On the contrary, I frequently work with stylesheet monstrosities
> created without any help from such tools.

Amen.

I hardly ever use the debugger; by the time I really want it, things
seem to be at a point where the debugger takes hours and hours to run.

oXygen is still immensely useful because oXygen knows what a node is.

(Well, lots of other reasons, but XML without a node-aware editor is
unnecessary pain and suffering.)

-- Graydon