Re: [xsl] Generate Xpath expression over the target xml schema from the xslt document

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generate Xpath expression over the target xml schema from the xslt document
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:35:17 -0000
In the general case, the answer is no, there is no such method. In the general
case there isn't even a one-to-one mapping between elements, which you seem to
be assuming.

Of course, if your XSLT stylesheet consists entirely of template rules with a
very simple form, such as

<xsl:template match="employee">
  <person>
   <xsl:apply-templates/>
  </person>
</xsl:template>

then you might be in luck; translating the XPath expression might simply be a
case of renaming the element names.

However,
Michael Kay
Saxonica
mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
+44 (0) 118 946 5893

On 10 Dec 2014, at 15:27, monia ben brahim monia.benbrahim@xxxxxxxxx

> From: monia ben brahim <monia.benbrahim@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2014-12-09 19:56 GMT+01:00
> Subject: Generate Xpath expression over the target xml schema from the xslt
document
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> Dear
>
> I have a source xml schema, a target xml schema and an xslt document that
expresses mappings between them. In fact, the two schema are semantically
equivalent but have structure heterogeneities. My question is the following:

> Having an XPath expression that points to element (s) in the source schema
and having the XSLT document, is there a method to know what is the XPath
expression that points to the corresponding element (s) in the target schema.

> Would you please help me!
>
> Best regards
>
> --
> Monia BEN BRAHIM Ep BEN BRAHIM
>
> Assistante ` l'Institut Supirieur d'Informatique et de Multimidia de Gabhs
(ISIMG), Universiti de Gabhs.
> Membre du Laboratoire Recherche en Diveloppement et Contrtle des
Applications Distribuies (ReDCAD) ` Sfax