Re: [xsl] Generate Xpath expression over the target xml schema from the xslt document

Subject: Re: [xsl] Generate Xpath expression over the target xml schema from the xslt document
From: "Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 17:23:07 -0000
If the schemas really are "semantically equivalent" they should define the
same top level elements (XML element, complex type, simple type,...) with
identical names and in the same namespaces. But these can be readily
identified in each schema.

But I suspect that the "structural heterogeneities" imply a change in
semantics as far as XSD is concerned, even when this has no effect on the
set of matching XML documents, either way, e.g. when an inline complex type
is "promoted" to a named type.

-W

On 10 December 2014 at 16:35, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <