Re: [xsl] Can I see the main DOM from a doc() DOM?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Can I see the main DOM from a doc() DOM?
From: "G. Ken Holman g.ken.holman@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 20:55:19 -0000
There is no implied "parent" relationship when invoking the doc() function. The trees are independent and have no connection. You can create a collection of doc() functions, but there is no sibling relationship. You can copy files into a new tree to create a sibling relationship, but that usually isn't worth the bandwidth to do so.

Using a tunnel parameter on the <xsl:apply-templates> you can pass your current position in file one down into the processing of file two, and then have it handy when in file two.

I typically set a global variable to be the first document's root, and then I always have it handy. This is helpful when, say, I need to look up a key table from the first file when I'm in the middle of the second file:

key('table-name',look-up-value,$mainRoot)

I hope this helps.