Re: [xsl] Template-matching nodes from input vs nodes in variable based on their position

Subject: Re: [xsl] Template-matching nodes from input vs nodes in variable based on their position
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 19:18:30 -0000
Jorge . chocolate.camera@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

try to remove the 'as="node()+"' from the variable and then use
   <xsl:apply-templates select="$FOO/*"/>

Works indeed, but like I said I do not understand what difference your correction makes. Besides, I've read again and again that declaring the type of variables is good practice, and it has indeed helped me detect errors that I would not have otherwise. If I shouldn't be declaring that variable as node()+, what type would be appropriate?

Try as="document-node()"