Re: [xsl] Template-matching nodes from input vs nodes in variable based on their position

Subject: Re: [xsl] Template-matching nodes from input vs nodes in variable based on their position
From: "Jorge . chocolate.camera@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 05:15:52 -0000
On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 9:18 PM, Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx
> Try
>   as="document-node()"

It won't work:

    Error at xsl:variable on line 5 column 51 of stylesheet.xsl:
      XTTE0570: Required item type of value of variable $FOO is
      document-node(); supplied value has item type element()
    Failed to compile stylesheet. 1 error detected.

I use document-node() as the type of a variable when importing an
external XML file into the variable. But in this case, I write the
contents of the variable in the stylesheet itself.