Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does Saxon support XPath 3.1?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 03:01:47 -0000
On Sun, Jun 28, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Liam R. E. Quin <liam@xxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-06-29 at 00:22 +0000, Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> I apologize if I am asking for something obvious, but
>> straightforward searching didn't locate any statements about Saxon
>> support (implementation) of the XPath 3.1 W3C Standard.
>
> XPath 3.1 is not yet a W3C Recommendation (the nearest thing we have
> to a standard).

Thanks Liam,

Yes, but XPath 3.1 is (since December 2014) a Candidate
Recommendation, which is the closest point to becoming a
Recommendation :)

> My understanding is that the commercial version of Saxon may have 3.1
> support, but that's probably a question for the Saxon mailing list.

I deliberately asked the question in the xsl-list, because most
readers are using Saxon as their preferred XSLT processor. I am also
discussing alternatives to Saxon, in case it doesn't provide support
for XPath 3.1 (such as using BaseX)-- and thus the topic is wider than
just Saxon.

> There may also be support for XPath 3.1 and XQuery 3.1 in eXist, but
> I'm not certain.

Wasn't there some page with comparison of how different implementation
support different versions of XPath? I vaguely remember that in the
past there was such a page that provided information how different
XSLT processors were passing the W3C Test Suite -- and this directly
correlates to their compliants to the respective standard.

--
Cheers,
Dimitre