Re: [xsl] Trouble with special characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] Trouble with special characters
From: "a kusa akusa8@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 17:53:23 -0000
I am transforming XML data that conforms to schema A, into XML data
that conforms to schema B. And the data contains special characters.

Input - Schema A

Input encoding UTF-8

<schemaa>
<list1>Degree symbol - "B0"</list1>

</schemaa>

Output - Schema B

Output encoding  ISO-8859-1

<schemab>
<process1>Degree - "C/B?B=</process1>

</schemab>

So what is the input encoding, what is the output encoding, do you
make sure that the XML declaration is output if the output encoding is
ISO-8859-1?
- input-UTF-8, output - ISO-8859-1, xsl:output has the attribute
encoding set to ISO-8859-1.

 How do you look at the transformation result when you get that gibberish?
- Not sure I understand what you mean. I use XML spy.

Which Unicode character is the "degree" character you want to output?
Why do you need the character map?
-Degree comes in as is (as the degree symbol). If transformed without
the character map, it converts to a question mark. That's why I use
the character map to map it to an HTMl entity.

Saxon is the processor used.

On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:38 AM, Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx