Re: [xsl] XPath to test that a middle name consists of a letter followed by a period and nothing else ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath to test that a middle name consists of a letter followed by a period and nothing else ?
From: "Kerry, Richard richard.kerry@xxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 13:20:12 -0000
>> I need an XPath expression to check that the value of <MI> is an uppercase
letter of the English alphabet >followed by a period symbol, and nothing else.

>In this day and age, such a requirement is socially unacceptable. It's on the
verge of being considered racist.

>Michael Kay

Not just in this day and age.

What about that nice mister Tolkien - John R. R. Tolkien

(of course sharing his middle initials with the writer of current favourite
Game of Thrones)

And see this:
https://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-nam
es/

Unhelpfully,

Richard.

Atos, Atos Consulting, Worldline and Canopy The Open Cloud Company are trading
names used by the Atos group. The following trading entities are registered in
England and Wales: Atos IT Services UK Limited (registered number 01245534),
Atos Consulting Limited (registered number 04312380), Atos Worldline UK
Limited (registered number 08514184) and Canopy The Open Cloud Company Limited
(registration number 08011902). The registered office for each is at 4 Triton
Square, Regentbs Place, London, NW1 3HG.The VAT No. for each is:
GB232327983.

This e-mail and the documents attached are confidential and intended solely
for the addressee, and may contain confidential or privileged information. If
you receive this e-mail in error, you are not authorised to copy, disclose,
use or retain it. Please notify the sender immediately and delete this email
from your systems. As emails may be intercepted, amended or lost, they are not
secure. Atos therefore can accept no liability for any errors or their
content. Although Atos endeavours to maintain a virus-free network, we do not
warrant that this transmission is virus-free and can accept no liability for
any damages resulting from any virus transmitted. The risks are deemed to be
accepted by everyone who communicates with Atos by email.