Re: [xsl] XPath to test that a middle name consists of a letter followed by a period and nothing else ?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath to test that a middle name consists of a letter followed by a period and nothing else ?
From: "Tommie Usdin btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2016 18:05:57 -0000
Perhaps. But this didnbt look like questioning the requirement, it
looked like denouncing it. There is a difference between bhere is
how to do what you asked for, are you sure that is what you want
your code to do because b&b and byour requirement is evilb.

It seems to me that bare you sure that is what you want your code to
dob is reasonable, responsible, and helpful. I think name calling in
response to a business requirement is unhelpful.

b Tommie

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML

> On Jun 2, 2016, at 1:50 PM, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>

>> NOT Agreed: this isn't about political correctness, it's about software
design correctness.

> And it's about professionalism. I believe that a professional engineer
should not provide the right answer to the wrong question without first
challenging it, and that applies on this list as much as in real life.